- Actor | 'Mabo' - directed by Rachel Perkins (Bran Nue Dae, First Australians, One Night The Moon) 2012
- Film | 'It's Hot' - an award winning short film co-written & produced by Sean Dennehy.
- Theatre | 'Opracus' - created & produced by Wilde Applause & Dennehy Productions
- Theatre | 'Short + Sweet' - the biggest little play festival in the world
- Theatre | 'An Unexpectedly Mind Boggling Adventure' - co-written & directed by Sean Dennehy.
- Theatre | 'Tradition Impossible' - written & directed by Sean Dennehy.
- Film | '2008 Sean' - co-written & co-produced by Sean Dennehy.
- Theatre | 'An Apology in 10' - A work in progress written & directed by Sean Dennehy.
creating entertainment to make you smile
Please click on the links above to see samples of our work
Co-creator and director of the hit show Opracus: Seasons and Planets, for the Taipei International Arts Festival 2010 and Taiwan National Lantern Festival 2011. Sean is now involved in the sale of these shows globally.
Tradition Impossible and 2009 A Space Oddity, two very non-traditional pantomimes premiered at Southbank Christmas 2008 and 2009 written, directed and produced by Sean. 2010+11 brought another panto 12 Days of Christmas for the Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Bert: A Step In Time premiered at the Mary Poppins Festival in Maryborough, QLD in June 2011.
As a Writer, Director, Producer and Actor, Sean is in the enviable position of delivering all your creative goods for Festivals, Corporate, Theatre, Film or TV.
Sean already provides creative consultancy to IZIT Entertainment, and Stewart & Wall Entertainment, as well as a host of other companies including Short+Sweet Theatre, Opera QLD, Backbone Youth Arts, State Library of QLD, Southbank Corporation, and Fraser Coast Council.
EQUITY NO: 404 247
Sophie Jermyn Management: 02 9300 6100
Feature Film credits include;
- Sanctum 3D
- Girl Clock!
- Alien Cargo (US)
- Mr Reliable
- GAEA Universe
Television appearances include;
- All Saints
- Home and Away (Seven Network)
- White Collar Blue (Ten Network)
- FOX Kids (Foxtel)
Sean has also acted in the award-winning short films It’s Hot (above) and Sean, plus countless TV commercials and corporate videos.
- Turandot (Opera QLD)
- Micro-Trip, Micro-Trip II, which he also directed (Metro Arts Independents)
- An Unexpectedly Mind Boggling Adventure, which he also co-wrote (Backbone Youth Arts and the State Library of Queensland)
- For The Birds (The Old Fitzroy Hotel Theatre)
- Seems Like Yesterday (Kooemba Jdarra Indigenous Performing Arts)
- Hamlet (Darlinghurst Theatre Co)
- Zoo-Illogical (Schnapper Head Productions)
- Hollow Crossing (Markwell Presents)
He was an ADR dialogue coach, as well as producing additional dialogue for K9 – a UK children’s spin off from Dr Who.
At IZIT Entertainment, he is a regular performer on the corporate circuit as comedic actor and MC.
Directing & Writing
Available for directing and writing within a wide range of genres. Panto to opera, theatre to childrens books.
- Festival Director for the Short + Sweet Festival since 2009 (The Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts and The Arts Centre, Gold Coast).
- Director Moving Opera 2008-11 (Opera QLD)
- The Planets (Taiwan Lantern Festival)
- Opracus (2010 Taipei Arts Festival)
- Twelve Days of Christmas (Christmas by the Sea, Moreton Bay Council)
- Tradition Impossible, 2009 A Space Oddity, Christmas Crackers (South Bank Corporation)
- Mania (Brisbane Festival Theatre Fringe @ Metro Arts)
- Micro-Trip I & II (Metro Arts Independents)
- 2nd & 3rd series of Valley People (Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Art)
Sean is Director of Opera Qld’s Moving Opera! workshops, touring this regional programme (since 2007) through Queensland, NSW, ACT and South Australia as well as directing their regional touring schools opera Hansel & Gretel (2009).
He is Festival Director for the Short+Sweet short play festival 2009, 2010 and 2011, for which he has written and directed three 10 minute plays; History Of The World In 7.5 Minutes, It’s Hot and An Apology in 10.
A newly completed feature film script Dreaming Of Peter Sutcliffe with writing partner Stewart Reeves is currently being script edited in London and due for production in 2012.
He has written and produced two award-winning short films It’s Hot and Sean.
The last 12 months bought other diverse roles: author of a childrens e-book, and the formation of an alliance with a circus based production company Wilde Applause.
Sean has brought his writing, directing and producing skills from a solid base in the advertising industry where he worked with such agencies as DDB Needham, The Hale Agency and Jarvis, Fielding & More.
About Dennehy Productions
Background: After extensive training in Brisbane, Sydney, London and Los Angeles in Method (Strasberg and Meisner), Practical Aesthetics and specialist film-work, he now teaches his own ‘method’ as well as freelancing for Backbone Youth Arts, Academy of Screen Performance, Actors Conservatory, Actors Centre (London), Australian Academy of Acting and various regional arts workshops.
Sean on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB.com)
Leave me a Message
- Mobile Ph:0412 257 116
- International Ph:+61 412 257 116
- Address:109 edward st. brisbane QLD 4000